Sunday 30 August 2015

#MissionEmpties Week 01: Getting the Ball Rolling

To mark the inauguration of the #MissionEmpties Challenge, I figured it important to reflect (and/or keep tabs) on the products I've emptied into digestible weekly chunks. Following it up with some unflattering photography of empty jars, pots, tubes, bottles and the like. Just how do you make used up product look good, especially the ones I hacked away at with scissors? You don't. 
In part, this first week has been a little easy. A lot of the products listed here were very much nearly finished up. I just had a few drops and a few uses of each left. This is all my own hoarder fault.

Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm £12.95 / 55ML
This little wonder product is an expert multi-tasker and I've put it to the test in every possible way. It's a thick, soft balm that melts into a lovely, silky oil when heated slightly. I primarily use it as a cleansing balm as it's very gentle and non-irritating on eyes, while effectively removing make-up. I also use it as a moisturiser, its thick balm-texture creates a barrier on the skin to retain moisture. Finally, I use it as a face mask when I need an extra boost of hydration. This product delivers, and it delivers out of the park. Essential.

I suffer with some insufferable frizz. My hair needs moisture from every angle it can get, the most effective of which being conditioner. This is such a nourishing conditioner, it provides my hair with all the essential moisture it needs without weighing it down or becoming lank. The orange scent is so very faint, but lovely all the same. Essential? You betcha! 
I reviewed this very recently here and decided to finish off the few remaining drops I've been coveting. Yes, I still think it's just divine. This oil is great for offering nourishment and moisture while controlling oil. It's extremely lightweight, so it effectively absorbs, while helping to maintain my skin's balance. Effective, repurchase.

Our Tiny Bees Über Balm £7.95 / 45G
Admittedly, a solid favourite of mine. I'm now on my 4th tin of this little delight, and my psoriasis has never been better. It's an all-natural balm made be our hard working bees. It sinks straight into sink, while supplying me with essential, long-lasting moisture. For years I have been using prescribed medications for my psoriasis, more of which were effective, but had a god-awful scent. The Über Balm smells of sweet, delicious honey. Truly scrumptious. Essential.
I fell in love with this product some time ago (full review here), and that love is still going strong. I received a trail version of the cleanser free with the Bee Good Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator (review here), and 30ML is the perfect size for travelling, and due to this being a thick, read cream, it lasts bloody ages. The scent it beautiful, and the results are great. I'm left really clean and fresh and very well moisturised. Hat's off, once more. Effective, repurchase.

Makuka Doctor Normalising Facial Oil £19.99 / 30ML
This is a facial oil that I didn't initially get along with (full review here), and still don't entirely get along with. It's truly wonderfully at oil control and balancing/normalising the overproduction of oil. Just a few drop in the evening will do the trick to see you through the following day. However, this thing smells something horrid. I can't get past that. The results are fantastic, sure, but I've really struggled to use this oil up. Effective, don't repurchase.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] £15.50 / 40ML
Perfect for reducing the signs of scarring, imperfections, blemishes: I'm on my second batch of this and it has yet to disappoint (full review here). It has a very light, spreadable texture, which doesn't entirely absorb, so I now reseve it for evening use. It has help reduce the appearance of raised marks I have on my forehead and cheeks. Effective, repurchase.

For the longest time, this was my go-to skin saviour for my psoriasis. But it just wasn't enough to see me through the entire day. While its primary use isn't actually to combat skin conditions, its ability to hydrate and moisturise was perfect for my dry skin. It quickly absorbs, so doesn't leave any transfer onto my clothes, and it smells so fresh and divine. Effective, don't repurchase. 

The Natural Deodorant Co. Clean Deodorant Balm £10.00 / 60ML
Featured here is only a 5ML sample I received this week as part of my order from the Peace & Beauty London Samples Mini Box for £5.00. This is now, very unsurprisingly, completely sold old. It's an all-natural deodorant wet balm, that is scooped up and massaged into your skin. It dries near instantly and has a powdery finish. It smells wonderfully fresh, while keeping my body wonderfully fresh all through the day. It is very super effective and I have already purchased the full size. Effective, repurchase. 

This is actually a 30ML trail version I received free with purchase of the Cleansing Vanity for Combination to Oily Skin value kit. I'm glad I didn't part real money with this because this thing stings. It stings hard. For a make-up remover specific to the eyes, I was expecting it to be very gentle and sensitivity-concious. Nope. It hurts. Instead, I used it to remove eyebrow make-up only, avoiding the actual eye area entirely. Avoid.

Given that, I didn't originally consider this product to be tops (full review here), I went back and purchased it anyway. Hello contrary! It is the fastest product I can find for reducing the appearance of blemishes. It tackles redness and inflammation like a boss, and definitely deserves some credit for that. However, the price tag makes me do an audible gulp every time I see it. I just cannot justify this purchase. Effective, don't repurchase.

I must admit that I am already starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms of my usual skincare routine. My skin has become very out of sync, so I have purchased Balm Balm Frankincense Hydrosol Soothing Facial Tonic (£7.99 / 30ML) and Botanicals Organic Hydrating Mist (£15.00 / 100ML) to help boost hydration and help rebalance my skin. 

Of the 11 products listed here, 9 are of the original pledge. Only 38 more to go...

To catch up on my initial pledge list and rules about the self-directed #MissionEmpties Challenge, read the #MissionEmpties MASTER POST.

No comments :

Post a Comment