Saturday 22 August 2015

Bee Good Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator For A Gentler Way To Exfoliate

Bee Good. I love Bee Good. We know this; I find it just darling, and the Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator is no exception. This little number is one of the most gentlest and caring exfoliators I've used, perfect for my sensitive skin, on those days when I need to refresh without a heavy-duty polish.


There are just three little words that perfectly match the sensation, the scent and the effects of using this product: subtle, polite and nurturing. Polite? What a choice, right? But it's so courteous to sensitive skins, that I can't help but consider it to be the most well-mannered skincare I've encountered to date.

To exfoliate, the Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator uses finely milled lavender petals. These are super, super soft, so as you massage them into your skin, you'll feel nothing but the cushioned lavender roll across your face. You don't need to apply any pressure for the petals to get to work, just massage in circular motions a few times and your skin will instantly be brighter and clearer.

The petals are carried in a wonderfully rich and creamy formula, that begins thick and then starts to thin as you massage away, eventually turning into a milk when it comes to rinsing. I love how plump it feels. It is an insanely moisturising cream that prevents you from becoming dry or irritated. From the descriptions in the ingredients list, the responsibility seems to lie with the Camelina Oil (a flowering common flax), which helps to reduce moisture-loss while protecting and nourishing the skin. My face feels so lovely and supple after exfoliating, which really is something to cherish.

The thing with exfoliation is that it can leave you feeling polished or buffed. Yuck, okay, just yuck. As this is so, so very gentle, it manages to effectively slough off those dead skin sells without over-smoothing my skin. Meaning, I'm clean and renewed, without that shiny/gloss-like finish. This really is made with sensitivity in mind. So much, in fact, that I can use this daily with absolutely no skin qualms. It's so delicate and non-stripping, with the bonus moisturising benefits after use.

The Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator isn't going to work miracles, no, it's far too gentle for that. However, it very effectively cleans my skin, clears build-up and leaves me with a much brighter and radiant complexion after use. My skin is balanced and redness is reduced. But these effects are minor compared to some of the meaner and tougher products I've used.

From what I've found, the bigger the portion size I give myself of this product, the better. Sadly, this product only comes in a 50ML sized tube, meaning, I burn through it pretty fast. Come on, you guys. I'd like to see a minimum of 100ML, for the way in which I like to use it. As it thins fairly quickly, it's difficult to spread as far as you'd expect.

The product has a very subtle sweet and delicious scent that's actually quite comforting to smell. It has a warmness about it, absolutely in-offensive, but beautifully delicate like the rest of the product.

This little wonder is just charming. A delight for my sensitivity, leaving me clear and bright, without over-buffing. Brilliant for those days when I want to remove build-up, but don't want anything too strong to do the job. Scoring Effective, repurchase.

The Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator can be purchased from Bee Good for £10.50 / 50ML. 

No comments :

Post a Comment