Monday 11 May 2015

Bee Good Honey & Propolis 2-in-1 Cream Cleanser, For Your Face & For The Bees!

Natural skincare has always been a big hitter for me. Nothing to do with ethos or ethics (though these are major perks), it just far more agreeable with my skin than their chemical-infused opposition. I'm also a big advocate in protecting the Honey Bee (you can discover more about the impact of the decline in the Honey Bee population here, and you can adopt your own beehive here). So any all-natural, all-organic product that sources its ingredients from British Bees while helping to support their population is a-okay in my eyes.


This is my first time using a cream cleanser, and it will certainly not be the last. This product is like massaging a dream into your skin. It has a lovely pillow-y texture, very plump, and you can feel it just enough on your face that it isn't too heavy nor too scarce. 

I find I like this product best when I massage it into dry skin, it almost disappears completely if you massage it enough. However, that's irrelevant because I always rise away my cleansers after use. It actually comes pre-packaged with, what I would qualify as, a very average muslin cloth. For me, it's really not that dissimilar to a standard dishcloth. Boo, I know, I'm being slightly priggish, it's a cloth, it does the job, and it's free. 

This product is not formulated specifically for oily skin types *sob*, but it is suitable for All Skin Types, as it contains some pretty dreamy ingredients that will still make any skin swoon.




Propolis is made from botanical sources and known as 'bee glue'. In vitro studies show that it possess some antibacterial and antifungal properties, which helps to clean the skin. It is also shown to be an emollient, proving effective against inflammation. 

Beeswax is considered a natural protector with incredible moisturising effects on the skin. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect against bacteria. It's a natural skin strengthener, rich in Vitamin A to help support cell rejuvenation.

Rapeseed Oil Sourced from the flower, rapeseed oil offers antioxidant properties for the skin, helping to be both softening and smoothing. It helps to fortify the important skin lipids (barrier).



This product smells utterly scrumptious. I love to wake up to this scent. I constantly insist that the scent of a product really doesn't mean that much to me, but what it's done right, it means the world, - and this product does it right! It's very sweet and pleasant and totally smells edible (I haven't tried it, right). It really adds to the experience of using a cleanser.

I've used this product morning and night for the past two months and it has helped me to keep fresh and clear. It's super effective and super suitable for oily skin. It has been beneficial to improving my skin quality while supporting British Bees. :-) 

Bee Good Honey & Propolis 2-in-1 Cream Cleaner can be purchsed from Bee Good for £11.50 for 100ML. 

The featured book is RSPB Handbook of Garden Wildlife and can be purchased from the RPSB website for £9.99. 

No comments :

Post a Comment